Saturday, June 12, 2010

Jazz In The Woods


Hi all, I had a blast on stage at Jazz In The Woods on Friday night. I got to MC on stage with Kathy Quinn and Mark Alford from WDAF TV Fox 4. I was back stage and got to meet several jazz artists, including Erin Bode, Mingo Fishtrap and Mindi Abair, who is currently debuting at #2 on the jazz charts! This event raised money for the following local children's charities: Marillac, Lee Ann Britain Infant Development Center, Fox 4 Love Fund, and the Overland Park South Rotary Foundation.

My family enjoyed playing on the inflatibles, playing frisbee and various children's activities. I enjoyed meeting the Fox 4 team, the jazz artists, and the event organizers. I was able to meet and greet several children, take pictures, and promote my personal platform, skin cancer awareness and prevention on stage!

Saturday morning I attended the first annual Jazz In The Woods 5k run/walk. Over 200 runners and walkers participated in this event. We were able to complete the race and announce results/present awards before the big down pour hit !

What a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment