Saturday, June 19, 2010

My Father's House appearance



Wow, I had quite an afternoon celebrating the first anniversary of a ministry called My Father's House through my church, UMC Church of the Resurrection. This is a ministry that provides home furnishings to people in need in the KC area. I could feel the spirit of God at work in this place and in the hearts of the volunteers I met today. Thank you to my friend Mary Jones for inviting me to help them celebrate today! It was awesome to meet some of their ministry partners from the Red Cross and The Healing House.




My Father's House is receiving a donation of approx. 250 beds from a hotel in Leavenworth this coming week. They try to put a brand new mattress pad on each and every mattress they give out and are in desperate need of mattress pad donations. If you can donate one please contact me or visit www.cor.org and search Furnishings Ministry or My Father's House.

No comments:

Post a Comment