Friday, July 9, 2010

July updates from Stephanie




Hi all! I just returned from a family vacation in Minnesota. We enjoyed a few days at a cabin up in Piquot Lakes/Nisswa area and then took the girls to the American Girl store at Mall of America. It was a gorgeous, sunny, mild 4th of July up there! You can see some pictures of my girls and nephew making a 4th of July dessert with my Granny and one of me in the kayak!




I am excited to appear at the 9th Annual Car Show and Expo on Saturday, July 10 at Church of the Resurrection in Leawood, KS. I will be there bright and early at 7:00am! This event will benefit inner-city charities.




Saturday afternoon I am looking forward to attending a volunteer orientation session for Animal Haven in Merriam, KS. I am going to partner with them at special events and do some speaking engagements to increase awareness of their no-kill animal shelter that serves many cities on the Kansas side of the KC metro area. See http://www.animalhavenkc.org/ for more information on this wonderful organization. I have a passion for animals and look forward to finding a new dog (or two) to join our family sometime in the near future!




Last but certainly not least, I am excited to compete at Nationals in Mississippi on July 31st for the title of America's Mrs. US 2010. I absolutely cannot wait!






No comments:

Post a Comment