Saturday, October 23, 2010

Sacred Steps 5K fun




Hello all! It has been a great month so far. The Walk Now for Autism Speaks event had around 10,000 walkers and raised $200,000 in Kansas City! It was an absolutely gorgeous day! I just got home from the Sacred Steps 5k event which raises money for people in Africa living in poverty. I got to ride in the lead car and watch the winners cross the finish line. As a runner, I am amazed that some people can run a 5k in 16 to 18 minutes! After the race I had the honor of presenting the winner's in each category with their medals/certificates. It was an honor to meet Adam, who participated in his wheelchair, who finished faster that I could ever dream of running! I was only able to snap a couple of pictures but more will be posted on http://www.seekcrun.com/.


No comments:

Post a Comment