Sunday, November 21, 2010

November news




Hello all, I hope everyone is enjoying this unseasonably warm weather! I guess that will change on Thanksgiving. The month of November has been filled with family activities for me. My oldest daughter Alyssa tried out for club volleyball and made the U13-1 team! I can't wait to experience this level of volleyball. In the past, she has always played rec volleyball. Today we had the pleasure of watching Alyssa's confirmation ceremony at our church (COR). It was awesome to see 166 young people accept Jesus as their personal savior and become official members of the church. More than a few tears were shed this afternoon!




I had the pleasure of meeting several women in the Mrs. Kansas and Mrs. Oklahoma America pageant system this past weekend in Manhattan, KS. I am looking forward to competing for the title of Mrs. Kansas America 2011 in January in Guthrie, Oklahoma. The America system is a new one for me. I am looking forward to new friendships and new challenges!




I will have the pleasure of watching my dear friend Kiley celebrate her marriage to John right after Thanksgiving. Several of us in my small group hosted a fun bachelorette party for her a few weeks ago. It has been many, many years since I have been to a bachelorette party!




Every year I look forward to packing a "shoebox" for a child living in extreme poverty through the Operation Christmas Child ministry. Alyssa and Lexi each packed their own shoebox for a girl their own ages. Since we donated online this year, we can actually track which country our boxes go to! This is such a fun family activity. Alyssa and I started doing this when she was in kindergarten and now she is a 7th grader. You can get more info on this wonderful ministry at http://www.samaritanspurse.org/, then click on Operation Christmas Child.




I want to wish everyone a very happy and blessed Thanksgiving. I will celebrate with my in-laws in Lawrence and then head to Topeka for dessert with my side of the family. After dessert, my girls are looking forward to a weekend at Mimi's house in Wichita! I guess I will be decorating my house for Christmas without my little helpers this year as they will be helping my mom do her house:)

No comments:

Post a Comment