Sunday, August 8, 2010

Autism Speaks & Race for the Cure


Hello all! What a great weekend! I was at Olathe Bible Church on Saturday helping raise money for Autism Speaks. I met one of their directors who has invited me to help out with the Walk Now for Autism Speaks race in October! They had a raffle, a car show, a BBQ contest, helicopter rides, pony rides, and tons of families at this event! Although it was hot, I had fun meeting people and seeing some friends in my community!


This morning I ran a 5k for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure in Kansas City. 28,000 people registered to walk or run in this event. They raised over $1 million dollars! I also ran my personal best time in a race of 26:56 and finished 23rd in my age group! Not bad since it was really hot and so many people. I was inspired by all of the survivors and reading the back of people's shirts where they listed who they were running in memory of. I have so many friends and neighbors who have fought breast cancer. What an awesome event!

No comments:

Post a Comment