Saturday, August 28, 2010

Dr. Bridenstine's annual customer appreciation event


I had the privilege of being invited to attend Dr. Bridenstine's celebration in Lenexa this afternoon. Dr. Bridenstine is one of my Mrs. Kansas US sponsors. My girls enjoyed playing on all of the inflatables, dancing, and the picnic of course. It was wonderful to see Kim McDowell and her daughter Megan there too! They drove in from Wichita just to attend this event. Dr. B invited the Lenexa fire department to come and the kids got to explore the fire truck and ring the bell.


I was also able to help out some wonderful young women from the University of Illinois in Chicago, who are working on their thesis studying beauty. One is a plastic surgery fellow who is using computer technology to help disfigured children rebuild their faces. The other is earning her doctorate in orthodontia and studying how jaw structure and tooth alignment affect the face and lips. I know I am not doing their work justice in my brief explanation but it was amazing to see how their research will help children all over the world have a more normal life through reconstructive surgery.


Here are a couple of pictures from this afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment