Sunday, August 22, 2010

Touch A Truck Event in Overland Park











Today I was invited to attend the City of Overland Park's 50th Anniversary at a special event called "Touch A Truck." This event had several community helpers such as the police department, fire department, EMS, OP Bomb Squad, Animal Haven, Wayside Waifs, KCPT, Johnson County Library and so on. The event was free with food donations to Harvesters. They had over 5,000 people attend! Needless to say, I ran out of lollipops and autographed pictures for the kids about half way through the event! I saw so many young children climbing through fire trucks, buses, ambulances, you name it! I was so happy to see so many friends and their children enjoying themselves this afternoon! I even got to meet the Mayor of Overland Park. Here are some of my pictures from this fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment